Monday, November 24, 2008

How Could It Be True


From the window of my room I see something
But the flowered apple trees make it vague
Yet I know it is something eternal
At first I lay back in my bed
Trying to avoid the trouble
The trouble of curiosity
But it seems like that thing won’t go out of my mind
I go back to my window
And try to focus again
There it was
Same as it was
As serene as ever
I try to step back
But something pulls…
How can a thing be so killing?
Yet so serene?
“No more!” - I think
I rush through the stairs,
The corridors and veranda
Into the courtyard
Now too late to realize
What I was doing
Standing quite close
Yet too far
To a thing that was like a blink
One step – I see those eyes
With the coolness of blizzards
And calmness of oceans
Another step – I see that hair
With the darkness of night
And softness of clouds
Another one – I see that smile
With the flash of thunder
And brightness of the sun
How could it be true
I was standing next to …you!

5 comments:

Abhishek said...

Sometimes you leave me just speechless.

ky said...

Ya...I have that affect on most people...heh heh!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Never thot such feelingz cn be put up and treasured so beautifully!! Kuddos :)

ky said...

Thanks Pramod...I guess..sometimes it just happens.. :)