Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bheege bheege armaano ki rahad hai..


It’s strange that how as time passes by and your one and/or the other desires keep fulfilling, new ones come up. Very conveniently we call it- growth. And here I am not just talking about the materialistic bliss, even in relationships. First you wanted just a nice looking girl to hang out with. Then she also has to understand, have patience, know how to cook, take your tantrums, be a yes man…and the list keeps building on.

They say- keep aspiring for something bigger something better. Because if you settled for what you have now- you will miss on what is next in line. What I don’t understand is that how long is it supposed to go? A wise man once told me- “It’ll always be like that Divya! You’ll be at an airport waiting for your flight and there you’ll see a board reading ‘Go there-it’s better there’, the choice is totally in your hands. Listen to your heart and do what it says. But once you decide- don’t leave any place for any regret to build in”.

So what I do now is whenever a doubt creeps up in my mind, if I am mad at someone, unhappy about having a small car, disappointed that my date didn’t go the way I planned- I remember that first day, that initial time- the day that I first met that someone and what all she did for me till today, the day when that key to my small car (which was my Ferrari then) was placed in my hand, the day when I was unwell and that lavish dinner date was turned into a maggie prepared totally by him.
Believe you me- I feel blessed.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

This "growth" as you have defined is the very reason behind our existence. Without having urge to "grow", mankind would die mentally if not physically. One day, a date might go well, but the next day both have to "grow" or they will die.

ky said...

Only if we knew the real reason for our existence!